108789 Solutions
New Discussion

ilo3 java remote console (IRC) doesn't show menu on os x firefox

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nada O'Neal
Occasional Advisor

ilo3 java remote console (IRC) doesn't show menu on os x firefox

On all our new blade 360 G7's with ILO3, I'm able to connect via the java remote console, but it doesn't show the menu across the top with Power Options, Virtual Media, etc. 

I'm currently on OS X 10.6.8, Mozilla Firefox 5.0 (also tried with most recent version of 3.x), and java 1.6.0_26. There don't seem to be any java errors. Has anyone else seen this issue? I'm attaching a screen shot so you can see all the icons across the bottom have properly loaded, etc.

If the java remote console is working for you on OS X, could you please share your versions of Firefox and java? 

Thanks very much for your time!

3 REPLIES 3
dbec
Occasional Visitor

Re: ilo3 java remote console (IRC) doesn't show menu on os x firefox

Remember, it's a Mac. So the menu items will be way up at the top of the entire screen, not necessarily grouped with your java console window. Make sure you have the java console window in the foreground; minimize everything else if it helps. It's OK -- I was faked out by it too, but that's the Apple Way.

Cheers,

Daniel

Hopkinsju
Solution

No, he's right. There is no menu at the top either. It's not that it's "Apple being tricky", it's that there is a real problem with the menu displaying.

Now, that said, it is possible to get it to display. Don't ask me how, I just clicked all around, minimized things, basically tried everything. Then, one miraculous moment I clicked on the title bar at the top of the java applet (which I had done before) and voila! Now I get the menu's up top (where they should be for OS X).

Now everytime I load the applet they appear right away. I'm not asking questions... I'm just glad it works.

Nada O'Neal
Occasional Advisor

After further testing, I think you're both kind of right. With my current versions of Java and Firefox (1.6.0_31 and 5.0.1 respectively), the applet-specific menus will not load with the applet - the menus across the screen remain Firefox, no matter how much I minimize it or click around within it.

But, if I bring any other application into focus, then focus back on the java applet, the java applet menus including power switch, virtual drives, etc, will load - at the top of the screen, not the top of the window, as you both said.