1752591 Members
3159 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

HP 10GbE Pass-Thru isci

rsa_sean

HP 10GbE Pass-Thru isci

I have "Inherited" a C3000 Blade chasis that has 2 ProLiant BL460c G6 and 4 ProLiant WS460c G6 Blade Workstation. 

The chasis also has a  HP 10GbE Pass-Thru Module. 

I was looking at the configurations while trying to trouble shoot a vlan trunk issue, I am wondering if the group could possibly shed some light on my issue. 

Here is my issue: I am trunking 2 vlans from a cisco switch to blade slot one Nic 1(interface 1 on the interconnect module) and then a standard connection connection to the switch port on slot one Nic 2 (interface 9 on interconnect) 

Nic 2 is only needed because it is connected to compellant SAN using iscsi connection. While poking around I noticed that the HP OA reports that there is an iscsi port mapping when I look at the device bay port mapping in table view.

Port 1 OK Bay 1 Port 1 AA:AA:AA:AA:AA:11
iSCSI Port 1 OK Bay 1 Port 1 AA:AA:AA:AA:AA:22
Port 2 OK Bay 1 Port 9 BB:BB:BB:BB:BB:44
iSCSI Port 2 OK Bay 1 Port 9 BB:BB:BB:BB:BB:55

is there a way to leverage this iscsi connection ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

Re: HP 10GbE Pass-Thru isci

Hello, the BL460c uses the 553i chipset where you can use it for iSCSI as well; each NIC port as 2 MAC's 1 for network traffic and a seperate one for doing the iSCSI traffic. You can easily use and configure that if needed; keep however in mind that we only support software based iSCSI accellaration and not HW based like we do with later G7/Gen8 platform.

Cheers, jeroen

(I am an HPE employee)