108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to upgrade ROM firmware on SB1760c Storage Blade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Wayne Gillan
Advisor

How to upgrade ROM firmware on SB1760c Storage Blade

Our blade is reporting that a new firmware is available for the SB1760c. Its currently on 2.00 and 2.20 is available. Where can I find this firmware and how is the upgrade done?

8 REPLIES 8
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hello,

you upgrade it with the help of HP Library and Tape Tools (LTT).

Go here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3883277&lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=3612026&taskId=135

Chose your OS, then download/install LTT. When you get it running (stop backup services/applications before you start LTT) there is a firmware upgrade button in there. There are user guides and FAQs for LTT on hp.com as well.
Wayne Gillan
Advisor

Thank you for your reply. That hasn't done the trick though.

That process must have upgraded the tape drive firmware, not the blade firmware. The L&TT upgraded the Ultrium 4-SCSI drive from U52D to U57D, but the OA is still reporting that the blade ROM is version 2.00.

Unless there is something I missed?

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Ah right, there is one for the actual blade as well.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Disk-Disk-Arrays-Small-and/How-to-upgrade-firmware-SB40c-storage-blade/m-p/1146876

This seems to be about the same thing (except that it's for the SB40c and not the 1760c).

It's a little unclear but you have to shut down the server blade before doing the upgrade.

Wayne Gillan
Advisor

Ok thanks. That looks like it's the way to do it.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

As in the previous post the author didn't get back saying how it went it would be great if you did :)
Wayne Gillan
Advisor

I will if I rememeber :). Can't shut down the server now but should be able to next week.
Wayne Gillan
Advisor

Sorry for replying so late. The upgrade process was as described in the link above. I don't think I had to power off the partner blade server either.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

No worries at all! Any reply confirming the solution of a fix is awesome :)