1753785 Members
7314 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Convert C7000 from 1G Pass-thru module to Flex-10 Virtual Connect Module

geoarchitect
Regular Visitor

Convert C7000 from 1G Pass-thru module to Flex-10 Virtual Connect Module

We have C7000 with 5 BL460c Blades; !G pass-thru modules in bay 1,2,5,6,7,8 and brocade FC pass-thru in bay 3,4; We want to move the networking to Virtual Connect Flex-10/10D.   Any suggestions on importing configuration of current network.  Thanks in advance.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Community Feedback & Suggestions to HP BladeSystem Virtual Connect. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

From your message I cannot tell if you plan on replacing all the pass-thru modules with Flex-10/10D modules or not.  Your other option would be to consider adding Flex10 Mezz cards to the servers.  You would gain 4 LAN ports for each card could reduce the need of so many VC modules.

I am not sure what you mean by importing your network configuration into Virtual Connect.  if this is the first time setting up a VC Domain then you will need to create it.

Google "Virtual Connect Ethernet Cookbook" and download the PDF such named.  This will give you some good insight.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
geoarchitect
Regular Visitor

Plan to phase out the 1G modules.  Will keep those in bay 1,2 just for transition.  Then remove 1G modules in 5,6 and 7.8.

Currently have Flex 554FLB 2-port in embedded slot and !G 4-port 366M adapter on Mezzanine.

Please disregard the import part.  Thought perhaps there was a way to import information from the onboaard administrator.

I have downloaded the cook-book and was looking for options on moving to virtual connect from pass-thru.  We have recently added 10Gigabit capability and can start taking advantage of virtual connect.