BladeSystem - General
1753518 Members
5289 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Virtual Connect 4Gb FC Module: The entry switch is of a type that is not supported

annowavecom

HP Virtual Connect 4Gb FC Module: The entry switch is of a type that is not supported

Hi,

When trying to connect to the HP Virtual Connect 4Gb FC Module through the web browser, I get a login screen which gives an error:" The entry switch is of a type that is not supported." when logging with the correct credentials.(Ticking and un-ticking the NAT box does not give a different result). The firmware version of the module is 4.31

After Googling every logical (and not-so logical :)) thing I could think of, I fail to find a definitive answer.

Is it a Java bug or maybe something else?
I have tried all versions of Java 6 under Windows XP with Internet Explorer 8 and still get this error. Under Windows 7 and 8.1, no matter which version of Java I try to use, it tells me to upgrade and/or install Java.

1 REPLY 1
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HP Virtual Connect 4Gb FC Module: The entry switch is of a type that is not supported

There are limitations for these modules, the highest supported version is < the current version of VC.

Check the release notes for details.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!