3019 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Ports used for Accelerated ISCSI

ALgon
Advisor

Ports used for Accelerated ISCSI

Hello,

We have a C7000 chassis with two Flex 10GB/24 port modules and a mixture of Gen 7 and Gen 8 blades.

My questions are:

Can I use any uplink port for accelerated ISCSI, or just Port X5?

(All the docs seems to use this port)

If I can use more than one port from each module, say ports X5 and X6, is there any problem with connecting both ports as a Virtual Port Channel across two Nexus switches?

Do I need to use a specific FlexNic for accelrated ISCSI?

And one other thing. On some of the Blades, we have Qlogic 534FLB 2 port adapters.  The ISCSI cookbook mentions an additional utility required for configuring the Broadcom and Emulex adapters but not one for the QLogic adapters.  Do I need one for these and if yes, what's it called? 

Many thanks in advance,

1 REPLY 1
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Re: Ports used for Accelerated ISCSI

Q: Can I use any uplink port for accelerated ISCSI, or just Port X5?

A: I dont think this matters. iSCSI is a network VLAN so should just work down any uplink

Q: If I can use more than one port from each module, say ports X5 and X6, is there any problem with connecting both ports as a Virtual Port Channel across two Nexus switches?

No, its good practice

Q: Do I need to use a specific FlexNic for accelrated ISCSI?

Yes the B ports are Accelerated iSCSI. Lom1b and Lom2b on the first FlexNIC. Other ports will work as non accelerated iSCSI

Q:And one other thing. On some of the Blades, we have Qlogic 534FLB 2 port adapters.  The ISCSI cookbook mentions an additional utility required for configuring the Broadcom and Emulex adapters but not one for the QLogic adapters.  Do I need one for these and if yes, what's it called? 

Dont know on that one