BladeSystem - General
1748146 Members
3596 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade of VC Firmware to 3.75 results in UNSUPPORTED External Uplink Port status!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Julius_Davies
Visitor

Upgrade of VC Firmware to 3.75 results in UNSUPPORTED External Uplink Port status!

I have a C7000 (OA Firmware = 3.71) with 2 FlexFab 10G/24 modules.  I used VCSU 1.81 to upgrade firmware in these in these modules from 3.18 to 3.75.   Upgrade appeared to go smoothly.

However, my blades have lost network connectivity and when I login to VC domain I now see my External uplink Ports staus as Critical   and the PORT status is listed as Unsupported. 

Port is Bay 1, X3, Port role is now listed as "N/A", Port Status is "Unsupported 0MB", Connector type is SFP-DAC.

Anyh ideas why a formware upgrade would result in a External Uplink Port changing status to Unsupported?

Thanks in advace... Julius

4 REPLIES 4
Julius_Davies
Visitor

Re: Upgrade of VC Firmware to 3.75 results in UNSUPPORTED External Uplink Port status!

An extra piece of information is that the SFP-DAC's referenced are SFP+ J9285B.

LouisH
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi!

Don't know if this is your problem, but a note from quickspecs for the VC Flex module indicates that a 7M cable is only supported in X5 - X8 ports. The other ports support up to 5Meters in length.

NOTE: 7m DAC (P/N J9285B) length is supported on VC FlexFabric module ports X5-X8. Ports X1-X4 support up to 5m DAC lengths.
NOTE: In addition to the supported HP and non-HP Copper cables above, Virtual Connect provides "allowed" connections using third party cables that meet the following criteria: connector=copper pigtail; transceiver code=active cable or passive cable; speed equal or less than 10Gb; length between 1m and 7m, inclusive. All "allowed" DACs are connected and logged. Prior to requesting support from HP, a DAC from the supported list above must be used to verify a cable issue is not involved.

Julius_Davies
Visitor

THANK YOU...

This was exactly the issue.  Plug the cable into X5-X8 and everything all OK.

Regards... JD

Server-Support
Super Advisor

So in this case it is because of the Fibre cable length that connects from the Virtual Connects module to the trunk network switch or to the Fibre channel fabric switch ?

Best regards,