1753561 Members
5827 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Using accelerated iscsi with software iscsi

DELAdmin
Occasional Contributor

Using accelerated iscsi with software iscsi

On Page 61 of the HP Virtual Connect cookbook, it states that you can use software iSCSI over your Ethernet NICs along with the hardware based Accelerated iSCSI HBA's. Has anyone done this or gotten it to work?

3 REPLIES 3
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Re: Using accelerated iscsi with software iscsi

Hi

I have used it and it works with NC553i adaptor and OneCommand

of course use latest firmware for adaptor and Virtual Connect

read the HP Virtual Connect with iSCSI Cookbook

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&contentType=SupportManual&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=3794423

Regards

DELAdmin
Occasional Contributor

I have the NC553i adaptor and OneCommand version 5.2.53.2. I've read the iSCSI cookbook also. I'm also having issues getting the adapter to connect via iSCSI to volume on the SAN.

The VC was setup by HP engineers. As a side gripe, this VC and P4800 setup has been a frustratiing experience. The engineer that came onsite and the VC engineer working remotely had to call another guy who knows the product inside and out but of course he's unavailabe for me to talk to..... i'll figure this out some how...Thanks.

giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

If you follow the instructions in the cookbook you should be OK the important thing is to see the ISCSI adaptor in the OneCommand and to configure the IP address it's very important that you use latest adaptor firmware

Regards