108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Virtual Connect Command to Enable/Disable Downlink Port

SOLVED
Go to solution
patronblue
Occasional Contributor

Virtual Connect Command to Enable/Disable Downlink Port

In the HP OneView Interconnects GUI you can go to Edit Downlink Ports and disable a port by unchecking the Enabled column and clicking OK.  You can then re-Enable the port by checking the Enabled column and clicking OK.

I have a requirement to automate this function and have been looking for a way to do this from the Virtual Connect CLI and have been unable to find the specific command/options to perform this function.  I have looked thru several versions of the VC CLI with no success.  Is this an undocumented feature, or am I just missing something in the current CLI reference documents?

Thanks in advance...

6 REPLIES 6
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

Re: Virtual Connect Command to Enable/Disable Downlink Port

You can try Restful API, maybe it can help you to automate this function.

Raghavendra_DV
Occasional Advisor

Hi ,

Please find the document attached and have shared the link to configure via Command line....

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03128023

Let me know the results.

I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

patronblue
Occasional Contributor

I have been through different versions of this guide several times in the past, and again today, and I still don't see a command to disable a downlink port.  I see the uplink port commands, server bay commands, and server-port commands, but can't figure out a way to disable a downlink/server-port.  If I am missing something please provide an example.  Thanks...

-Dave

DrDavid
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

If you have one of the latest firmwares on VC, from VCM GUI you can disable a downlink port by modifying server profile and setting Port Speed type to "disable".

By CLI, it would be something like entering the server profile context and changing speed type to 'disable' on a specific downlink enumerated port.

The best way to test it is to disable one port from VCM and then run from CLI a "show config" command and then copying and editing the required server profile.

I am an HP employee. However, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
DrDavid
Occasional Advisor

Here is the latest CLI 4.40/4.41 user guide. Check page 31.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fh20564.www2.hp.com%2Fhpsc%2Fdoc%2Fpublic%2Fdisplay%3FdocId%3Dc04562191&ei=TPM_VYibMrDPsQTEg4CoBw&usg=AFQjCNFFPgmRW9Wxptlyzybmgu8kam10SQ

The  SpeedType=disable option is available since VC 4.01.

I am an HP employee. However, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
patronblue
Occasional Contributor
Solution

That is exactly what I was looking for.  I had seen the Speedtype=disable for uplinks but was hoping that option was available for downlinks.  Thanks!!