BladeSystem - General
1752801 Members
5604 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

What are the consequenc​es of setting NTP servers in EBIPA for Interconne​ct bays?

diegomartin
Occasional Visitor

What are the consequenc​es of setting NTP servers in EBIPA for Interconne​ct bays?

Hi,

I want to setup EBIPA addresses to my VirtualConnect devices in a c7000 enclosure G3.

I see a difference against EBIPA settings for Device Bays: In the Interconnect Bays EBIPA settings you have the option of adding NTP servers.

What happens if I don´t write NTP servers in there?? From where the VirtualConnect will get the date/time info?. I cannot find anything in the HP manuals.

What are the recommendations, to write on the EBIPA settings the same NTP servers used for the enclosure?

Thanks

interconnectNTP.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: What are the consequenc​es of setting NTP servers in EBIPA for Interconne​ct bays?

IIRC virtual connect get the time from OA, other interconnects may use this setting.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
diegomartin
Occasional Visitor

Re: What are the consequenc​es of setting NTP servers in EBIPA for Interconne​ct bays?

thanks Torsten.

You mean then that leaving in blank the 'NTP servers' field on EBIPA  Interconnect settings (but filling the rest of the fields), the VCs will get date/time from OA?

BR,