New Discussion

Converter Issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
r23733
Occasional Contributor

Converter Issue

Hi All,

I am trying to V2V a Windows 2k3 VM using converter standalone. While doing so I am getting error after few percent of progress. The error message says "Unlabelled Volume".  I tried google but not luck. Could someone please post the solution

here.

error unable to clone volume <unlabelled volume>

Thanks.

r23733

4 REPLIES 4
Jags_21
HPE Pro

Re: Converter Issue

Hi,

Are you trying to do V2V for reducing the vmdk size; if so try using coldclone cd and check. Also confirm if any RDM disk attached to the Virtual Machine before doing V2V.

You can also post the question in below community link.

Community Home>Operating Systems>VMware

Thanks,

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

r23733
Occasional Contributor

No, actually I am doing this V2V for disk alignment on windows 2k3 server virtual machine for performance of the VM. So I find V2V is easy solutions for this. Any other ideas please?

-r23733

Jags_21
HPE Pro

Hi,

As you are trying to do disk alignment probably yes the V2V would be the easiest, alternatively you can try with 'diskpart' command which is available in windows 2003 sp1 below is the link for the same.

Click here for WIndows Disk Alignment;

Coming on to the error what you are getting "error unable to clone volume <unlabelled volume>" check if any of the disk volume are unlabelled if so try labeling and do V2V; as this could also be a kind of bug from windows perspective.

Please update the outcome, if the issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Jagadish

-----------------

Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Star on the left side of this post.
For HP Guided Troubleshooting; http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

r23733
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Yes, there are some partitions were not laballed. Once I laballed it, the issue has solved. Thanks a lot for your help.