3013 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ESXi5 BL465c G1 PSOD when using embedded iSCSI BCM5706S NICs

LBSDS
Occasional Advisor

ESXi5 BL465c G1 PSOD when using embedded iSCSI BCM5706S NICs

PSOD when adding iSCSI target IP address to BL465c G1 iSCSI NIC

When adding iSCSI target IP address to BL465c G1 iSCSI NIC 0 (the first embedded NIC, it crases wth a PSOD!

I am even using the ISO installation image provided by the link here in the VMware site that is branded an HP version of the ESXi hypervisor.

I also ensure all my firmware and drivers were up to date.

attached is the PSOD...

What could be happening here?

ESXi5_BL465c_BCM5706S_iSCSI_PSOD.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Have you seen this forum, may be you will get some idea.

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/310758

Thanks

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Jags_21
HPE Pro

Hi,

Try renaming the vmkiscsid.db file which is at /etc/vmware/vmkiscsid/vmkiscsid.db and reboot the host and configuring it again.

If the issues still exists, it could be a issue with network, cloud you brief on the network configuration.

Thanks,

Jagadish

-----------------
Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Star on the left side of this post.
For HP Guided Troubleshooting; http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

LBSDS
Occasional Advisor

Would you still suggest this considering that if I use the software initiator I have no difficulty reaching the storage target?

What does this file do?
Jags_21
HPE Pro

Hi,

The file I had mentioned is the file which holds all the configuration details of the iSCSI on the host, so by renaming the file and rebooting you start configuring from the scratch.

Also on BL465c G1 server onboard NICs I doubt if by default iSCSI is supported, as there was an additional license to enable the same. (I am not sure on this part, but please check with product expert)

Thanks,

Jagadish

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo