1748136 Members
3406 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Newbie: no storage on install VMWare 5.0.0 (Hp version) on NAS

paladinux
Occasional Advisor

Newbie: no storage on install VMWare 5.0.0 (Hp version) on NAS

when I try to install VMware-ESXi-5.0.0-Update1-623860-HP-Blade (downloaded from Hp website) on  c7000 enclosure and BL685c server  (connected via a HP 4Gb Fibre Channel Pass-Thru Module c-Class [403626 -b21] one storagework hP AD542A) does not see any disk during installation
The problem is in storage? Bios configuration of the blade? or VMWare?
It 's my first installation of the Blade, bought used on eBay.
I'm trying to install VMWare on Blade, do you think I could do it directly on the HP 4Gb Fibre Channel Pass-Thru Module?

3 REPLIES 3
Jags_21
HPE Pro

Hi,

The AD542A cannot be used as an independent enclosure, it is meant for EVA Storage expansion, for blade enclosure through FC-pass thru you need to have an controller connected and FC drive enclosure to those controller.

So basically you need to atleast have the mid range Storage solution connected.

Thanks,

Jagadish

-----------------
Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Star on the left side of this post.
For HP Guided Troubleshooting; http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

paladinux
Occasional Advisor

Thanks a lot Jagadish,

I don't understand: what missed on my configuration? (I think to have controler)

c7000 enclosure with HP - 4GB FIBRE CHANNEL PASS-THRU MODULE - 16 X 1000BASE-SX - EXPANSION MODULE  (example here) and HP - M5314A FIBER CHANNEL I/O MODULE B FOR EVA6000/EVA8000 (AD624A) connected by a fo cable.

Server-Support
Super Advisor

OK, so how did you finally end up with the solution ?

please share it here man.

Best regards,