1751820 Members
5239 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blade reported an abnormally low power requirement

Server-Support
Super Advisor

@Frederic Martin GSP so how did you go with this issue ?

I'm still receiving this false alert once in a month at least.

Best regards,
RICHARD JR. CUSSON
Regular Visitor

Hi,

For me, reset the active OA solved the problem. Probably the OA was not communicating properly with the blade.

I hope it will solve the problem on your side.

Richard

Server-Support
Super Advisor

@RICHARD JR. CUSSON so how do we reset the OA without causing massive production outage ?

For me, the suggested course of action by HPE team was performing the firmware update of the below:

HPE BL 465c G8 BIOS ROM version to A26 тАУ 2016.03.07

HPE BL 465c G8 iLO version to iLO4 тАУ 2.40

Best regards,
RICHARD JR. CUSSON
Regular Visitor

We have several C7000 enclosure with onboard administrator and virtual connect. The onboard administrator and virtual connect modules are redudant in each enclosure (active and stanby modules). This is the key and it is essential if you want to avoid massive production outage.

All our C7000 enclosures are at version 4.50

Our BL-460c Gen8 servers are at bios version I31 06/01/2015.

Our ILO 4 at version 2.30 and our virtual connect at version 4.45.

For me, a reset of the active OA worked. And I'm not talking about a reset to factory default, of course.

Maybe for those who have the problem, another solution is more appropriate.

I hope these clarifications will help. =)

Richard

Server-Support
Super Advisor

@RICHARD JR. CUSSON thanks for the clarification.

C7000 enclosure firmware on version 4.40 Dec 08 2014
ProLiant BL465c Gen8 BIOS is on A26 11/02/2014 with the iLO4 firmware 2.30 Aug 19 2015 --> this compnent have all been updated to the above recomendation as per HPE recipe http://vibsdepot.hpe.com/hpq/recipes/HPE-VMware-Recipe.pdf 

While our Virtual Connect module is set as Active/Passive HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module running firmware 4.01. The reason I stay on this firmware is because, it is too much of risk impacting the production server when updating the virtual connect module for no obvious benefits.

Are you running VMware ESXi ?, my impacted Blade is running ESXi 5.1U3.

Best regards,
wilysanz
Occasional Visitor

Another test, will be, that blade shutdown and remove out from chassis around 20 or 30 seconds, then re-enter the blade into chasis and wait to you can turn on the same. This issue is sourced because the blade don't receive the adequate energy or is there any variation that cause this reation in the blade. About it last, sould review carefully the electrical conections.

This procedure has allowed me keep the blade with out this message during 3 month at least.