4617 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C-CLass Onboard Administrator Firmware upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution

C-CLass Onboard Administrator Firmware upgrade

Hi, I am trying to upgrade my OA to v1.3

I go to http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26679.html and download the link and then go to my OA, select the Upgrade Firmware Link and select my downloaded .bin file. However, it fails on restarting the secondary OA card as it says it can't verify the image.

HP Support says to download the full Firmware Maintenace CD and then use HP USB Key Utility to copy the .iso to the USB stick and then 'Place the USB key in a system which is on the same network as the Onboard Administrator to be updated.'

What exactly does this mean, does it mean put the USB stick into one of the blades, they are all running W2k3 with Citrix PS4. Or plug it into the same network as the OA's, these are on a seperate management LAN that only has i-Lo's on it so would I have to add a machine onto this network and launch the autorun file from there. I am a bit confused here, could anybody lend a hand please?
9 REPLIES 9
ernst limbrunner
Trusted Contributor
Solution

hi michael

we solved a similar problem by removing one OA - doing the upgrade on a single OA

ernesto

Thanks, yes this works, I already figured this out after I posted the thread. Thankyuo for your reply.
ialafroz

Hello guys, we had experienced that before as well and we know now for sure that doing the update with only one OA at the time will get it successfully updated, the question is the following, is there any oficial document stating this procedure ? I mean the one ata time update ?
Thanks...
"Paper never refused ink"
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Hello Micchael,

The below mentioned steps works fine.
"The *.bin file needs to be in the same network" means the the OA should be acccesible from the system where you have image. The upgrade process is same as upgrading iLO firmware from the GUI.
I was able to upgrade both the OA's in same time.

NOTE: There is no need to do one OA at time.

The latest OA 2.02a is in the below location.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/27740.html

Steps:

Place the firmware image file onto a system on the same network as the HP BladeSystem c-Class Onboard Administrator.

Log in to the Onboard Administrator's web-based user interface as an administrator. Firmware Update is available under the Active Onboard Administrator category. You may select the firmware image by entering a path to the file in the "Local File" field or by clicking on the "Browse" button to locate the firmware image on the local machine, a mapped drive, or a network share.

Click "Upload" to begin the firmware update process.

Regards,
Raghuarch
Jasiel
Occasional Advisor

Yes, Raghuarch is right, you can do both at the same time, that problem was fixed with the latest firmware revision.

Cheers,

Jasiel
forbsy

I just upgradedmy Onboard admin firmware to the latest via the Onboard Admin gui. It went through the upload process and then I lost access to the web page. Now, I cannot log onto Onboard Admin anymore. I cannot ping the IP address for it or any of the iLO blades.
I had successfully upgraded the iLO firmware on all my blades to v1.35. Why suddenly did I lose my network connections to iLO?
Jasiel
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

The process might change the configuration on the OA itself. You might want to check the current configuration by checking the Insight Display on the enclosure itself.

Regards,

Jack
forbsy

That's exactly what happened. It reverted OA to factory default settings.

Thanks
Jasiel
Occasional Advisor

There you go!! :) -- Cheers!