3684 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: C7000 - blade ILOs unresponsive on two out of three enclosures

mvpel
Trusted Contributor

C7000 - blade ILOs unresponsive on two out of three enclosures

Hi folks,

Due to some other OS-related problems, our bladesystem was shut down and power-cycled (not by me), and I think this may have thrown something out of whack.

We have a total of three enclosures, with the third one just recently added.

The primary enclosure has a reachable OA and can see and manage all three enclosures through the interconnect links. All are set up for EBIPA, and the variouis ILO ports are numbered as expected. All of the blades in the primary enclosure have reachable ILOs - they can be pinged and connected via the OA links.

The other two enclosures, though, while the blades themselves are reachable, the ILO ports are completely unreachable - no ping, no access. The enclosures have dual Flex-10 modules, and 1Gb Ethernet modules installed, but if I'm understanding things correctly this doesn't matter to the ILO networking.

I'm still fairly new to the blade system management, so I may be missing something obvious.

I guess the basic question is what needs to be connected where in order for the ILO ports to be reachable on the network?

Thanks for any suggestions!

2 REPLIES 2
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

Can you connect to the Onboard administrator for those two chassis?  The iLO traffic goes through those connections.

mvpel
Trusted Contributor

That sounds like just the bit of information I needed, thanks!

It looks like one of the network connections was misplaced during the recent maintenance, and moved from the OA port to one of the GigE blade ports, and I didn't recognize that was incorrect. I was thinking that having one OA connection would be sufficient, and that the other two chassis would feed through the interconnect.