New Discussion юеВ

Re: Restart OA using insight display

SOLVED
Go to solution
Yayat
Frequent Advisor

Restart OA using insight display

Hi all,

Please any body tell how to restart c3000 onboard administrator using Insight Display. Because right now the OA cannot be accessed from internet browser. Thank you in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
JKytsi
Honored Contributor
Solution

from main menu enclosure info --> version --> reboot
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Yayat
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jarkko,

Thank for your info.

Yayat
M.Kantharuban
Advisor

Hi

when you did reboot of OA, did it affect the blade servers running in it?
is it safe to reboot the OA?, without disturbing the blade servers running in it.

I am having same issue that you faced.

br, Kanthaa
JD-WFH
Advisor

My experience has been with the c7000 enclosures, but restarting an onboard administrator has had no effect on blades, only connections to the enclosure. In fact, I've found that pulling out both OAs and the sleeve that contains them will clear up weird little problems.

I've also recently read that OAs should be rebooted every 60 days. Look at this link, near the bottom:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01677205&dimid=1037608762&dicid=alr_jan11&jumpid=em_alerts/us/jan11/all/xbu/emailsubid/mrm/mcc/loc/rbu_category/alerts

"In addition, HP recommends proactively scheduling a maintenance reboot of the OA every 60 days."

Henry A.C. Jansen
Trusted Contributor

Restarting OA does not affect running servers in neither a C3000 or C7000... (on the other hand during the OA reboot no servers can be powered on... )