1753835 Members
7178 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: c7000 mezzanie card connection

KennethW
Frequent Visitor

c7000 mezzanie card connection

SO I have inherited an older C7000 with G6 blades.  ALl is working fine however I am trying to add an addition card in the back so I have new connections for the hosts to use. 

Right now the cards in back are:

Inneterconnect 1          VC Flex-10 Enet

Interconnect 2               VC Flex-10 Enet

Interconnect 3                HP B series 8/12c

Now I have added a 1/10 VC Enet card to bay 5.  It shows up in OA and everything is green.  However none of the ports are mapped (thought this would happen automaticly)  I was able to SSH in and assign it an IP address for management however it doesnt appear to be working since I can not access it and OA still says it managment IP is 0.0.0.0

So..am I doing something wrong or missing something?  Not too familar with the HP C series so have been trying to figure out how to connect the new card to the existings blades.

Ken

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

First the VC firmware must match the other modules, but the maximum version for module in 5 is very low, because its no longer supported probably. Then check EBIPA settings from OA to assign an IP address to the bay. Finally you need mezzanine cards in the servers to connect to the IC bay. 

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
KennethW
Frequent Visitor

I need to now pull a blade out and see if it has another Mezz card attached.  Anything else I should look for?

ken

KennethW
Frequent Visitor

Alright,  I have added a Mezz card and I now can see bay 5 which is where the HP 1/10Gb VC-Enet Module is installed.   Since this is only for testing only need 1 server to see it.  Server is in bay 2 so port 2 on it shows connected. 

I have wired port 2 to my HP core switch.   Link there shows green however on the module all I get is an amber light showing activity no green connection.  VM ware sees the new NIC however shows as down.  Am I missing something?  Is the mezz module connected correctly to the core switch?  It only has 8 ports and no dedicated uplinks so I ran just the one cable from port 2.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Ken