Advancing Life & Work
1748089 Members
4951 Online
108758 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
DesireeCH

Never Give Up Your Dreams

CR pic 3.jpg

In December 2017, I graduated from the Bauer College of Business at the University of Houston. A dream that used to seem far away, and now is real. I believe my story is worth sharing. I moved to the United States 8 years ago looking for a chance win the battle against Cancer. It was really hard to overcome this situation at a young age. I had to beat it 3 different times, went through 2 stem cell transplants and other advanced treatments. When I moved I didnโ€™t know English since my first language is Spanish, but I learned.

CR pic 4.jpg

Life can be challenging but I am never giving up my dreams. I am extremely thankful to everyone that helped me through this journey, but especially my parents, without them nothing couldโ€™ve been possible.

Furthermore, after graduation and an inside sales internship, I official joined Hewlett Packard Enterprise as an Inside Sales Account Manager for the Enterprise Group, an organization that I always admired and dreamed to work for one day.  

I have always been passionate about technology since I grew up watching my dad working in the IT industry managing networks, servers and storage solutions.

I recently started my role and I am responsible for supporting and creating new business opportunities for the enterprise space, specifically service providers.

I really enjoy the culture of HPE, where most of my co-workers are from my generation and leadership is very professional and supportive. Additionally, training and personal development I believe are key in success and HPE does an exceptional job with both. I am fresh out of our training program and now understand and can translate all the knowledge that they taught me to be successful in my role.

If there is something that I have learned through the years, it is that I have been alive is that anything you set your mind to you can accomplish it with discipline, passion and positive attitude. In addition. Challenges might be difficult and tough but I can assure youthat every time you overcome them you become stronger. Always thankful and now really excited for the years to come.

About the Author

Carlos Reyes, Global Inside Sales Account Manager at HPECarlos Reyes, Global Inside Sales Account Manager at HPECarlos Reyes is a Bilingual Sales Professional, member of the EG organization of the Americas. Health and Wellness Enthusiast who enjoys traveling and exploring new cultures. Always looking for new ways to develop and growth in all aspects to succeed on his career.

Stay connected to Carlos on LinkedIn if you wish to learn more about emerging technologies and solutions to  solve business challenges. 

For more information about careers at HPE click on this link and join us today!

DesireeCH
About the Author

DesireeCH

Employer brand and digital media evangelist. Proactively searching for new trends and best in class practices to find, converse, share, engage and refer potential candidates and bring the best Talent for the company.

Comments