3351 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 2 MSA 1000 and a sinlge server with 2 hba

dan thomas_1
Occasional Contributor

2 MSA 1000 and a sinlge server with 2 hba

Hai ,

Currently we have one msa 1000 connected to one file server with one hba connected , and it is working fine . Then we brought a new msa 1000 and need to connected to the same server . we lareday installed a 2 nd hba to the same server .

while making array I can see the new hdd in the acu . i created a array and coped some of the data to the new drive space . but when i select acu it showing the error that my data will be loose if i enalbe the 2 nd array active .do i need any specific configuation for adding the array to the server , like secure path .

4 REPLIES 4
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

have you assigned unique chassisid's to both msa's ?
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

The new MSA has firmware 7.0?

Then is Active/Active and you'll have 2 paths to each LUN, so you'll need HP MPIO Full-Featured DSM for Windows for MSA Disk Arrays.
dan thomas_1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for reply
I solved the issue . The server has a HBA and connected to 2 san switch for redudent also the SSP is enabled for both card to the same Array for redudency . So one card is online with logicl drive and other card is offline. I deselct the SSP from logical drive that is in offline.

In the new MSA 1000 the controller is connected to san switch . From file serevr 2 nd card ( deselcted the SSP logical drive ) i connected to the same switch . in the ACU we can select the SSP for newly created logical drive for the 2 nd card of teh file server for the new MSA 1000. So the new logical drive i can see in my file server

Now both MSA logical drive i can see from Disk managemet .
dan thomas_1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you