5656 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: About the Compaq NSR M2402

Carlos56
Occasional Advisor

About the Compaq NSR M2402

Greetings:
I recently purchased a Compaq NSR M2402 router from surplus and am trying to gain some practice in the SAN world. I have downloaded the user guide (PN269782-004) which has clarified a lot for me, but I would like to know if there is any tutorial, publication, book, article... with specific and varied examples of how to use it.
If so, I would be very grateful if someone could tell me where (www, ftp, blog...) I could obtain such information.
Thank you very much in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

What do you want to do with this device?

Basically it translates SCSI connected devices to fibre channel (2Gbit).

This is really pretty old, must be around 15 to 20 years.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Carlos56
Occasional Advisor

Greetings:
Thank you for your comment. I really only intend to learn about SAN and FC, little by little I have been setting up a laboratory to practice but the limitation is finding texts at a beginner level, there are a lot of them and of great quality but it requires a level of entry, in my opinion, high, therefore the search for basic information and above all practice to get started.
Yes, the equipment is really years old, the manual is from 2004, so at least 18 years old.
Thanks again.

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @Carlos56,

Over this outdated NSR, you can consider learning Brocade or VSAN technologies. Those simulators are available.

Please check if this YouTube video helps - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu6Gsca7E2E

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo