HPE EVA Storage

Add remove EVA4400 licenses

JuanCG
Super Advisor

Add remove EVA4400 licenses

Hello everyone.

I have an EVA4400 CV8, for CV8 with the license and 4TB of capacity.
In an extension I have passed without the expected amount of 4TB and I had to install a license 1TB LTU for 30 days until the new one.
When will I get a new license to dispose of the other 30 days? How do I delete? If 30 days pass and I have not gotten the new license is going on with virtual disks that esceden capacity?
THANK YOU!
4 REPLIES 4
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

Re: Add remove EVA4400 licenses

You need to have all the RAW capacity of the EVA licensed. If you don't have license for all capacity the EVA keeps working but you cannot create or delete vdisks, or perform other configuration changes.

The 30 day license is that, for 30 days. After that it will appear on the list as expired. You need to install a permanent 1 TB license after that.
JuanCG
Super Advisor

Thanks for reply. But if I get the license, I have to remove or put the other before continuing to remove without the other.

If I had to eliminate the other, How do you do? I would not make mistakes and render service to the whole company.

Thank you
Thomas Laursen
Occasional Advisor

as far as i know you should just first add the new license, and then either just let the old one be as it will be expired or after adding the new license then remove the old and unusable one(s).

It is important to mention that VDISKS etc. created NOT will be disrupted even if all your licenses went away - only impact is that you cannot create new VDISKS or change the configuration if proper licenses are not available. so do not fear crash or so ...

The best way to be stone sure is to addon new licenses ... count that all your storage capacity is covered and then remove the ones you no longer need from CV... (unistall license)

As said go ahead - no fear on this one...
JuanCG
Super Advisor

OK, Thank you for everything.