Re: Adding Disks to EVA8000

SOLVED
Go to solution
AZayed
Super Advisor

Adding Disks to EVA8000

Hi folks,
Hope you doing well.

As I know if I have 18 enclosure on EVA8000 I cannot use all the bays to add disks to it. I have to leave some of them empty. Is there any specific bays I should not use?

Thanks a lot.
Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
8 REPLIES 8
Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor

There is no specific bays to leave empty, but from configuration rules is clear, that you should leave the last bay (number 14) in the last 18 eclosures (numbered from 7 to 18).
Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor

Sorry, previous reply was incorrect. Below is correction:

There is no specific bays to leave empty, but from configuration rules is clear, that you should leave the last bay (number 14) in the last 12 eclosures (numbered from 7 to 18).
AZayed
Super Advisor

Thanks Zygmunt, this is good. Do you have any official HP document I can relay on? Also, is this apply on EVA8100 ??

Thanks
Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
Mark...
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,
Sorry - the above information is incorrect.
Please see attached HP document for disk placement.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

In simple, Dont use the Bay numbers of 12,13,14 of Enclousre numbers 16,17,19,20.

Rest all you can populate.
AZayed
Super Advisor

Hi Mark,
Hope you doing well.

I will relay on your document to organize my EVA8000. But also, we have EVA8100 and I think it have the same issue. According to Quick Specs :

8 to 168 (one cabinet) up to 240 with utility cabinet

Is that right ??
Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

The above reply from Mark is correct for the EVA8100 as well. The shelf bays designated "do not use" are because the controllers will assign Soft addressing to those disks in bays #13 and #14 just as in EVA5000 and conflict with controller addressing. The other bay #12 conflicts with backend loop switches.
AZayed
Super Advisor

Thanks for your help