New Discussion юеВ

Re: Adding three two enclousure to and EVA4000

SOLVED
Go to solution
WilliamSmith11
Super Advisor

Adding three two enclousure to and EVA4000

Hi
I am planning to add two enclousure to an EVA4000 that at this moments have two enclousures.

The controllers are set immediatly at the top of the second drive enclousure(actual configuration from factory)

My question is .

Will be recommended to move the HSV-200 controllers six U up to accomodate the two new drives enclousers?

Thank you.

W.S
rperez
4 REPLIES 4
Geeko
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hi

HP delivers the 4 enclosure EVA4k with the controllers on the top of the enclosures, but the larger ones have the controllers in the middle (see pic)

i cannot see any disadvantages when you leave the controllers on their places.
WilliamSmith11
Super Advisor

I want configure the EVA in the way that the picture show, so that was the reason I was thinking moving the controller up , and make 6 U space to accomodate the new two drive enclousers to complete the full configuration for the EVA4000.

Other reason is because the junction box.
(Now I have used the address 1 and 2)

If I dont modify the configuration the cables from the new enclousures (That will be above to the controllers) to the JB are going to be to short to use the address 3 and 4 that will gave me the junction box.

Some Idea?

rperez
WilliamSmith11
Super Advisor

Here I have found a diagram that show a solution , but what about the address for the drive enclousures, the cable from the drive enclousure to the junction box will be to short.

rperez
Jonathan Harris_3
Trusted Contributor

No, just leave the controllers where they are and install the new shelves above the controllers.

Anyway, I assume you'll be getting HP in to do the installation, so just leave it up to them.