New Discussion юеВ

Re: After firmware upgrade on EVA4400 no OS unit ID anymore

SOLVED
Go to solution
Toine_1
Regular Advisor

After firmware upgrade on EVA4400 no OS unit ID anymore

Hi,

I have upgrade a EVA4400 to firmware version 09522000 and now I can't see the OS unit ID's anymore in the VDisk presentation properties It always display 0 in EVA command view version 9.01. But it isn't 0.

I tried to use the EVA comamnd view via WOCP port 2372. But there I even can't see VDisk properties information. Is that normal?

Has someone be able to solve this?

/Toine
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Only HP can try to solve this as it is another bug in CV-EVA:

c01849072 - ADVISORY: HP StorageWorks Command View EVA software refresh clears virtual disk operating system unit ID in user interface

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01849072
Toine_1
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Is it possible to see the Vdisk properties via WOCP interface on the EVA 4400 box via port 2372?

/Toine
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Hello,
I can't test it, but it is my understanding that you can SET the value even through the GUI, but might not see it. If you want to verify it, use SSSU (storage system scripting utility) - the following output is from SSSU V6:
E3K> ls vdisk "\Virtual Disks\SMGT1\SW01\ACTIVE"

\Virtual Disks\SMGT1\SW01\ACTIVE information:
object

osunitid .............................: 0
or

osunitid .............................: 991

Of course that is not so great if you have many virtual disks. In that case I recommend you take a look at Microsoft's LogParser (see attachment - I've manipulated the XML file for the example - I don't really use OS Unit IDs for VMware ESX ;-).

I've given some hints in this thread - enjoy!
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1247567