7680 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Alarm Disk Group

Xav0
Advisor

Alarm Disk Group

Hi guys

I have a problem with an EVA4100, were added disks to a disk group (3), but had to ungroup because the firmware was not updated, the ungroup the disks are the disk group is alarmed, the alarm is alarm capability and verify the alarm will stay with the size of disgruop with disks that are added.

There any way to remove this warning?

Thanks for your support.
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I don't fully understand that description, but it sounds like the EVA has become confused.

- try to set the alarm level to 100%
-- does it stay?

- check disk group occupancy vs. disk group size
-- sometimes the occupancy becomes wrong after a change was made to a disk group. In that case it is necessary to resync (=reboot) at least one controller. Open a call with HP to get help.
Xav0
Advisor

Thanks for responding

There is some problem or risk if EVA is well until I update the firmware (1 week)???
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The occupancy problem I was talking about is a 'cosmetic one' = the data is not at risk, but your EVA might have another problem.

I recommend you open a call with HP and let somebody analyze the controller logs - just to make sure there is no real problem. Your support center can tell you how to extract the logs if you don't know how to do this.