HPE EVA Storage

Any special license required to ISL HP StorageWorks SAN switch 2/16V switches

Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

Any special license required to ISL HP StorageWorks SAN switch 2/16V switches

Hi we have 2 HP StorageWorks SAN switch 2/16V switches and we would like to connect them through ISL.

What do we need to do is there any specific license required for this or it can work without any extra license.

I would be greatful please find the attached report for current licensing details.
6 REPLIES 6
Amol Garge
Trusted Contributor

Re: Any special license required to ISL HP StorageWorks SAN switch 2/16V switches

Khurram,

How many ISL links are you planning to setup?

If its a single ISL, no additional license is required.

If you are planning to trunk, then trunking license is needed.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Any special license required to ISL HP StorageWorks SAN switch 2/16V switches

If I remember correctly, the switches were sold with a 2-[which is enough for your requirement] or 4-domain or a full fabric license -- maybe even with out the ability to link to other switches, but I am not sure. You can check this with the "licenseshow" command.
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

we are planning to implement one ISL link. can i have any document mentioning this? because we need to confirm it to the customer.

Thanks
Amol Garge
Trusted Contributor

Cmorrall
Frequent Advisor

Type the command "licenseshow" in a telnet session to the switch and post the output here. This will tell us if there are any restrictions in place that might prevent you from connecting the switches.
Probably not, if I remember correctly the 2/16V switches did not come with a "zero E-port" licensing scheme.
krusty
Honored Contributor

HI Khurram,

The 200E is a 4Gb switch with unlimited "full fabric" license. There is no limit on how many switches can be in a fabric with these switches.

The 2/16V is a 2Gb switch with a 2 switch limit (which can be upgraded). These switches will only connect to one other switch, and that's it.

So depending on your design, it may work.

Cheers,

Curt

"In Vino Veritas"