HPE EVA Storage
1753905 Members
10665 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Anything like 'armcfg' for managing EVA4000s?

Larry Finnegan
Occasional Advisor

Anything like 'armcfg' for managing EVA4000s?

We are moving from a VA7410 to EVA4000 SAN this weekend. For the past few years, I've been running automated scripts to delete and create snapshots using the CommandView SDM tool: 'armcfg'. So far the closest thing I've found is SSSU, but there seems to be no easily obtainable documentation on it.

At first glance it seems like it's more of a console type tool than a CLI utility. It requires a manager/userid/password to log in and then issue commands. Is there any way to script any of this using a sh or bash script? Ideally, I'd love to keep the set of Bash scripts I have right now and just plug in a replacement.

As it is, we'll be manually deleting and creating snapshots until we can find a solution. There are some other more pressing things happening this weekend that will prevent me from further researching this issue. Any links, or suggestions as to how to automate this from the Unix side (the manager is a Windows box)? Any help appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

Re: Anything like 'armcfg' for managing EVA4000s?

you need to create create two sripts.
here is a windows sample (i think it's translatable to shell-script)

- first
set sssupath="C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Sanworks\Element Manager for StorageWorks HSV\sssu.exe"
for /f "tokens=2,3,4 delims=- " %%i in ('date /t') do ( set logdate=%%k%%j%%i)
for /f "tokens=1,2 delims=: " %%i in ('time /t') do ( set logtime=%%i%%j)

For %%i in (NLW-SEV-01 NLW-SEV-02 NLW-SEV-03) do %sssupath% "file eva_GetCfg_sssu.cmd" "Select System %%i" "capture configuration" > configs\Config_%%i_%logdate%_%logtime%.txt

- second "eva_GetCfg_sssu.cmd" (name referenced above)
SET OPTIONS ON_ERROR=HALT_ON_ERROR NOCOMMAND_DELAY
select manager username= password=

hth
Pieter