1753408 Members
7414 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Automatic delete the oldest snapshot using RSM

Saranya_1
Occasional Advisor

Automatic delete the oldest snapshot using RSM

I create snapshot from mirror clone every 4 hrs and want to delete the oldest snapshot after I've done 3 copies snapshot.
How can RSM do?
Is it available to do this automatically?
4 REPLIES 4
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor

Hi,
Please refer the configuration page from the below document , which will help you do this.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locBasepartNum=co-32042-1тМй=English

Saranya_1
Occasional Advisor

I've already read it but it seems there's no way to do it automatic. Anyone has suggestion?
Bhavnish Kamboj (BK)
Trusted Contributor

Hi Saranya,

I don't see any option in RSM like deletion of oldest snapshot automatically. In our scenerio we create a snapshot on daily basis, take backup and then delete it. Tried to find the option you are looking for but no luck so far.

Will research more on this and let you know if find anything.

And are you doing this right now with some help of any third paty tool or what
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Take a look at the Replica Repository. Look at the following. When the fourth snapshot is added, the oldest is tossed out. Have a separate Repository for each vdisk. Add error handling as needed.

$source_hostvol_unc1 = SetVariable("\\myserver\C:\vdisk01")
$Rep1 = SnapshotHostVolume($source_hostvol_unc1, DEMAND_ALLOCATED, SAME, WAIT)
$Repository1 = CreateReplicaRepository(HOST_VOLUME, $source_hostvol_unc1, ROUND_ROBIN, "")
AddReplicasToReplicaRepository($Repository1, $Rep1)
RetainLatestRoundRobinReplicasForHostVolume($source_hostvol_unc1, 3)

----
Don't forget to rate the usefulness/quality of *all* responses to your question(s).

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo