1748039 Members
5147 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BL460c G1 - unacknowledged SAN in Hyper-V - QLogic 2462

Aaron.S
Frequent Advisor

BL460c G1 - unacknowledged SAN in Hyper-V - QLogic 2462

Running a BL460c G1, a coworker recently migrated it into Hyper-V system.

I'm not super familiar with Hyper-V, but if there is some sort of management configuration required so the now Virtual system can see the SAN storage, then that's likely the answer.

Otherwise, what sort of testing / configurating may be required of the "QLogic 2462" via the SANsurfer FC HBA manager so it recognizes the LUNs masked to its respective ports?

Would it be a configuration on the SANs side of things being amiss?

Thank you for any and all help. I wish I could do a better job explaining this.

-Aaron
2 REPLIES 2
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: BL460c G1 - unacknowledged SAN in Hyper-V - QLogic 2462

If something cannot be seen over the SAN, then it seems likely that it is a zoning configuration or the presentation of the LUN that is not correct anymore.

When you migrated the server, was the zoning for the original server altered so that the new server have access to the same LUN?

Have the presentation of the LUN been changed on the storage device?
Aaron.S
Frequent Advisor

Re: BL460c G1 - unacknowledged SAN in Hyper-V - QLogic 2462

The device it's self can be seen over the SAN.

Within the devices' management console, it automatically detects the WWN ports of the systems I want it to connect to / allow access to the LUN.

Using either Emulex / QLogic s' HBAnyware / SANsurfer respectively, the devices in question show up, but none are allowing access to storage assigned on the respective units that have their WWN on the 'allow' list.

This seems to be the case regardless of which SAN device it is, even if I hook the SAN directly to the fibre port on the system, by passing the Silkworm3900, the problem still persists.