HPE EVA Storage
1753633 Members
6095 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Backing up EVA5000 Question

Gus A.

Backing up EVA5000 Question

I've been trying to create a backup of my SAN EVA5000 configuration using Open view Storage Appliance but I'm getting the following error: "Access to the requested page is not allowed". I don't know what version the appliance originally had but I've upgraded it to 5.01 as per the HP tech but still getting the same error. Any insight as to how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated and let me know if you need any info from me, thanks. Also i do have SSSU.exe but not sure how to create a backup of the configs from there either
6 REPLIES 6
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Re: Backing up EVA5000 Question

That's done with the SSSU command CAPTURE CONFIGURATION

It creates a set of scripts that then can be executed with SSSU and they will recreate the disk groups, hosts, vdisks, etc.

The Storage management appliances are currently out of support. You should install Windows 2003 on that server and at least Command View 6.02.
Bhavnish Kamboj (BK)
Trusted Contributor

Here is the SSSU Ref Guide for more info
Gus A.

Thank you for the great information! When i tried to enter "localhost" into the manager field with the Username and password it looks like it works but i still get the NoSystemSelected>" error. i then enter select system local host and it states error: localhost not found- I don't know what I'm missing. You also mentioned that i would need to upgrade to 2003, if i do this will i lose any of my data on SAN? what prerequisites would i need before i start the upgrade? i just want to make sure my 12 production Vm's don't get lost or unreachable somehow. thanks again for your insight and time!
Gus A.

Update: At the NoSystemSelected> prompt i entered the command "ls system" which gave me what i already knew was my host systems name, i then entered select system and i got the localhost> prompt yay! next i enetered capture configuration and steps 1A through 3 were complete/successful i just don't know where the backup went or was saved exactly.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

"SELECT SYSTEM" is followed by the EVA's name. You can find out that name with "SHOW SYSTEM" or "LS SYSTEM", depending on the version of SSSU. Just try both commands - it won't break anything.
Enter the EVA's name exactly as shown - it is case sensitive.
Don Mallory
Trusted Contributor

If you enter the capture config in the form of:

capture config myconfig

The output of the steps will be stored in:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Sanworks\Element Manager for StorageWorks HSV

Or wherever sssu is located. It will save the files as "myconfig_Step1A", etc. as they are generated.

Best regards,
Don