3967 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Boot from San from BL465c

Poudret
Occasional Advisor

Boot from San from BL465c

It's a new install (EVA4100 + c7000).
I try to "boot from SAN" from an BL465C on a LUN from EVA4100. I change the boot order, modified qlogic to have bios enabled and point to point only, i found my LUN in fast util, i zone the server with only one port from EVA and one port from the qlogic on the server.
When i boot i see the LUN detected, but whis smartstart the size of my disk is 0.
i have the last bios.

Have you an idee ?

Thank's by advance

R├йgis
5 REPLIES 5
Frantisek Kysela
Valued Contributor

Re: Boot from San from BL465c

Hi,
smartstart unfortunately doesn't have appropriate hba drivers. You need install a fresh OS and install proliant suport pack after os installation.
necessary boot from san drivers you can download from hp website.

Frantisek
If anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway.
Frantisek Kysela
Valued Contributor

Qlogic drivers:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?тМй=en&cc=us&pnameOID=1844105&taskId=135&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=1844104тМй=en&cc=us

Emulex drivers:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?тМй=en&cc=us&pnameOID=1844101&taskId=135&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=1844100тМй=en&cc=us
If anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway.
Poudret
Occasional Advisor

I have setup Bios F9 = Disable smart array E200i, Boot order, IPL
Ctrl-Q for configure LUN for boot primary

After boot with F6 and load my driver for QMH2462, i see my lun and i install W2003 on my LUN.
But after installation, when we reboot the windows server, It keeps on rebooting every time.

Have you an idee ?

Thank's

R├Г┬йgis
Tetsuya Umemura

I experienced the same problem, too.
Please try to test the following methods.

You must not choose "Express install".
You choose "Custom install".

dlampkin

Make sure there is only 1 path to the SAN for the boot LUN until you have installed windows and installed mpio drivers....