1752749 Members
5069 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Brocade 3800 Help

Sieggy
Occasional Contributor

Brocade 3800 Help

Hi everyone, I am new on the Brocade 3800 Fabric. I am trying to get to the command line to run "fanshow" command. How do I bring up the command prompt after I bring up the webtool.

I need to check the fans to see which one is bad. I click on the fan icon but that doesn't open any window.

One of the fan is bad, I need to find a way to know excatly which one and on which fan tray so that I can replace it.

Thanks again everyone for your assistance
4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_Traigle
Honored Contributor

Why not just ssh or telnet into the switch directly to get to the command line? PuTTY, Secure CRT, and any number of other terminal emulators will get you there.
--
Jeff Traigle
Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro

Hi,

Below is the link for Webtools admin guide. section : Opening the telnet window in page no. 31 and 32 should help you.

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01149978/c01149978.pdf

Regards,

Prakash
Regards,

PS
To assign points on this post? Click the white Thumbs up below!
Sieggy
Occasional Contributor

Hi guys,

Thanks to everyone for going out of your way to assist.

We work in a classfied area. All I can get to is the Switch Explorer- Windows Internet Explorer.
I am using the ipaddress on the Url to get to the fabric. I tried to telnet to the fabric but I can't.
I am wondering if I can get to the command line from this Switch Explorer screen or is the a way to get to the comand line from here?

Thanks again for your assistance and patience everyone
Sieggy
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone, I want to thank everyone especially Jeff and Sigh. Thanks again for going out of your way to provide me with all the information I needed.

I was able to telnet into the Brocade and find the information I needed. I had to tenet from my windows desktop.

Thanks again everyone