New Discussion юеВ

Re: Brocade 4/12 SAN Switch for C7000 Chassis - No_Sync

SOLVED
Go to solution
DavidA
Occasional Advisor

Brocade 4/12 SAN Switch for C7000 Chassis - No_Sync

Hi All
i was hoping if you could help me with something which Im sure is rather minor. I have just recently inserted a new HP BL460 G6 Blade into our existing C7000 chassis. The blade is configured identically hardware wise to the other blades.

The issue I have is that the HBA mezzanine card - Emulex Lpe1205 is not making the appropriate connection to our Brocade 4/12 SAN Blade Switches (installed in Bays 3 & 4 of the C7000 Chassis)

If I log into each switch using the GUI and click on the port - it shows it has "No_Sync" - meaning it has not made a connection. If I log into the C7000 OA I can see that the card has made the internal connections to the blade switch
- see attachment

Just not sure why the OA will show a valid connection and WWN name but it does not appear on both our switches. I can cofirm that all ports on the switches are fully licensed.

Any ideas?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Cass Witkowski
Trusted Contributor
Solution

I beleive that the window blades won't sync up until windows is booted.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

You need to have a running OS on the server for it to log into the switches. OR.. you can go into the bios of each card, enable them and reboot, and go back into the bios and they should log in.

Do you have an OS on the server yet? If so, does it have the appropriate drivers loaded for the hba?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
DavidA
Occasional Advisor

Hi

No I have not placed an operating system on it yet. Im going to place VMware VSphere 4 Enterprise onto it.

I didnt know that you needed an OS installed first. I'll place it on over the next few days and report back.

Thanks very much for your feedback.

Cheers
DA
DavidA
Occasional Advisor

Hi All

I just installed ESX 4 onto the blade and can confirm that the ports are now syncing at the correct speed. So the answer was that you had to have an OS & driver installed before the Brocade blade switches indicate that a correct connection has occurred.

Thankyou for your advice...