108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Brocade silkworm 3800VL

SOLVED
Go to solution
sahaj bahra
Frequent Advisor

Brocade silkworm 3800VL

We have a brocade 3800vl switch. There are 6 ports connected to tape library. These are in one zone. We need to add 4 new drives in tape library and hence need to assign 4 new ports on the switch into the zone. Please help me out how can i do it step by step through CLI / GUI. Attaching the support show.
15 REPLIES 15
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

login to the web gui and login with administrative credentials. Open the zone admin and put the WWPNs of the newly added tape drives to the existing zone. Save the config and enable it.

You can take a look into the FabOS User Guide.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
sahaj bahra
Frequent Advisor

Will there be any downtime if i enable the config
sahaj bahra
Frequent Advisor

where can i get this FabOS user guide
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,

downtime not, but depending on the size of you zoning config it's possible that IO will be standing still for a short time. There is a warning if you're trying to enable the config. Read it carefully.

You can take this one. The SAN Switch 2/16 is an OEM product of the Silkwork 3800.

This is the "Brocade Web Tools Administrator's Guide"

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?redirectReason=DocIndexPDF&prodSeriesId=315094&targetPage=http%3A%2F%2Fbizsupport2.austin.hp.com%2Fbc%2Fdocs%2Fsupport%2FSupportManual%2Fc00805972%2Fc00805972.pdf

Take a closer Look to chapter 9 "Administering Zoning".

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
sahaj bahra
Frequent Advisor

That was a nice book you have shared. Thanks. After researching a lot i thought to give it a go through CLI
Here are the step by step commands which prepared for my activity. Let me know if its correct.

1. aliAdd "A_Ultrium_07", "wwn"
aliAdd "A_Ultrium_08", "wwn"
aliAdd "A_Ultrium_09", "wwn"
aliAdd "A_Ultrium_10", "wwn"

2. zoneAdd "Z_Backup", " A_Ultrium_07; A_Ultrium_08; A_Ultrium_09; A_Ultrium_10"

3. cfgEnable "config_20090306"

4. cfgSave

The only confusion in step1 is that what device wwn number i should use. Should i use the wwn numbers of 4 new tapes or the switch port wwn?
sahaj bahra
Frequent Advisor

In step1 it should be aliCreate instead of aliAdd. But which wwn number to use is still confusing.
Jethesh
Valued Contributor

What is your Library Model by the way ? the configs are different for SCSI library and FC Library.
sahaj bahra
Frequent Advisor

Its FC.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

each drive should have one WWPN. Through the first WWPN the robotic is presented. This drive should presented to your backup server for robotic management.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick