108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CA/CLX

SOLVED
Go to solution
MMY
Occasional Advisor

CA/CLX

we have 2 ISL lionking 2 sites. CA/CLX is configured on both edges. How verify that both ISL are working fine in terms of CA/CLX.
in other words how to be sure that data replication is going on both links.
Is there a utility that can be used or from CV-EVA.RSM. WE HAVE EVA3000 and EVA5000 .

Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

In CV you can see the status of the replication under DR groups.

If you want to verify that your redundancy is working, why not try to disable an ISL port or maybe suspend the replication and then resume it?
MMY
Occasional Advisor

I want toknow about each physical ISL itself. the tunnel statistiscs. from CV EVA I want be able to tell if any of the tunnels is cut or not.

thank you
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Tunnel stats/metrics/counters you can get by using evaperf.

Physical links you would probably have to check on the SAN/ISL link equipments.
On the EVA you can see the physical link status to the next equipment (probably SAN-switch?). So if there is a ISL-link between SAN switches adn that goes down the host port will not go down on the EVA but you will probably lose some paths for the DR.

You can see the tunnel paths in CV. See picture.
MMY
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

Please have a look at the picture attached, does the connection number 1 means that only one ISL link is available currently.. Generally we have 2 ISLs, but we are suspecting that only one is working. also our CV EVA shows different view than yours? we have EVA 5000.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, I don't have your version of command view/EVAs, that's probably why this is different.

What does it say when you click on the ? icon? Does it explain what it means? I could interpret the number that you only have connection to one EVA..