1752803 Members
5524 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CV Eva v.9,0.1 no instant-on license

geo707
Occasional Contributor

CV Eva v.9,0.1 no instant-on license

On a eva3000 (vcs3.100), I would like to try CV EVA v.9.0.1. The instant-on license was not enabled by default when the Command View EVA suite is installed. But instead, no license is displayed. What can be the reason?
6 REPLIES 6
Viveki
Trusted Contributor

For command view Versions 7.x and above new license is required.
Mustafa Gulercan
Respected Contributor

if your EVA still under the contract you can generate your license from webware.hp.com.

BR,
Mustafa
Dileep..
Trusted Contributor

Hello Geo707,
by default instant license should get ON. what was previous CV Version ? also can you attach the license screen shot from CVEVA ?

Regards
Dileep
geo707
Occasional Contributor

The previous CV Eva version was v.6.0.2. I had it uninstalled. After I installed v.9.0.1, I didn't get an instant-on license.
Next, I made a new OS installation (Windows Server 2003) on the same Proliant DL380, and installed CV Eva v.9.0.1 right away. Again, I got no instant-on license.
AWilliams_1
Trusted Contributor

why not stay with the existing v6.02 CV. It doesnt need any specific licences to continue with. Ifyou upgradde to any version greater than 7 you will have to BUY licences from HP. The instant on will only last for 30 days and then you cant make any further configuration changes or even replace failed drives.
geo707
Occasional Contributor

The point is one of my customer would like to try CV eva before he decides to buy a permanent license. I wanted to be sure that an instant-on key is enabled when the CV eva is installed.