108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CV V6.0.2 Operational State

SOLVED
Go to solution
uspfoms
Regular Advisor

CV V6.0.2 Operational State

Two EVA6000's running CA, Operational Condition/state shows attention on Destination
EVA with a Yellow triangle on Data Replication folder. Open the folder and Triangle goes away
and all DR groups are showing no problems.
So it's telling me I have a problem but will
not show me where in replication the problem is.
9 REPLIES 9
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Does the yellow triangle come back after some period of time? Are you having disconnect issues between the source and the target? Need more information.
uspfoms
Regular Advisor

It does not come back, But I have not stayed logged in for extended periods. I'll logon
and see if they come back.

Thanks
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

1) Manage both arrays from the same Command View server. Do not use one server to manage one array and the other server to manage the other. We have seen this behaviour for that reason.

2) Update to Command View 9.2, in old Command View versions is common to see warnings that dissapear when you click on the folder.
uspfoms
Regular Advisor

Thanks, I'm managing both from same Management server.
can I upgrade from Command view 6.0.2
to 9.2 ?
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

You may face a multiply hop upgrade to go from v6 to v9. But it is a move well worth it. You could take this opportunity to do a total rebuild of your "Storage Management Server" which would ensure a "clean" server going forward.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

If you decide to do a clean rebuild, make a note of all of your licenses, CV, BC and/or CA and your DR settings, before you rebuild your server.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

To use CV 9.2 the EVA must have a supported firmware.

The licenses are not the same, you need to get them in the new format.

No need to update CV step by step, just uninstall 6.x and install 9.2.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

You must manually uninstall CV6 before going to CV7,8 or 9. So it is a good idea to leave anything behind and do a new installation of the management server.

WARNING: CV7 and higher no longer work on a 'paper-only' license. You do need electronic license keys for CV (and new ones for Business Copy/Continuous Access as well), because the capacity is enforced now.

I strongly recommend that you get hold of the keys before you start the transition. While CV comes with a 60 day 'instant-on' license I've found out that it sometimes does not get activate properly.

There can also problems to get license keyss within that time for _some_ reason. We had one customer who got installed CV7 (which used a 180-day instant-on license) by somebody else, but he could not get the keys within that time.

A disk failed and he could not group the repacement back !!
uspfoms
Regular Advisor

Will Upgrade to 9.2
Thanks all.....