1752583 Members
5138 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CV server can't manage DR Groups

Jeremy C
Regular Advisor

CV server can't manage DR Groups

Changed zoning from "two fabric" config to "six fabric" (two EVA 8100s). Replication of existing DR Groups have continued and all appears well except that the CV server can't create new DR Groups. Also, EvaPerf gets no values for ports 3 and 4 on both controllers of both EVAs.
According to HBAnywhere on the CV server, it does see all 8 connections to the two EVAs. Any ideas why CV isn't recognizing FP3 and FP4?
4 REPLIES 4
Jeremy C
Regular Advisor

Re: CV server can't manage DR Groups

Update... I can create DR Groups now but I'm still getting all zeroes from EVAPerf on ports 3 and 4.
Jeremy C
Regular Advisor

Specifically, it's "evaperf hps" that has zero values for FP3 and FP4 on all controllers.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

In a 6 fabric design, you would only ever be able to see 4 ports of the EVA UNLESS you have 4 HBA's (or 2 dual port HBA's) (or have IVR / IFR set up). When you say it see's all 8 connections... do you mean 8 connections per EVA? or 4 from each? (In this case, probably FP1 and FP2 from each)

Without seeing the environment, there is not much I can suggest. Can you post zoning information?

What SAN Switches do you have? How many per site?

Can you post a diagram of the cabling?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Jeremy C
Regular Advisor

I should've mentioned that evaperf was logging everything fine before the zoning changes. Only change is zoning. EvaPerf is able to see all 8 connections of each EVA since they show up in the log. It's just that all FP3 and FP4 connections only log zero values.
Hope that clears it up a bit. I've tried restarting CV EVA and EVA Perf services.