New Discussion

Cannot move disks from EVA4400 to EVA6400: "Objects in your system are in use"

SOLVED
Go to solution
sam bell
Regular Advisor

Cannot move disks from EVA4400 to EVA6400: "Objects in your system are in use"

Hi,

I would like to move ungrouped and removed disks from an EVA4400 to a disk group within an EVA6400. However, when trying to add the disk, Command View shows the following error message:

"Objects in your system are in use, and their state prevents the operation you wish to perform"

Both EVAs are running the same XCS Version (11001100) and are managed by the same Command View Server (10.2). The disks I am trying to move are the same that are currently member of the Disk Group in the EVA6400.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Do I have to wipe the disks in a special way before I can move them to another EVA?

Thanks,
Michael

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Cannot move disks from EVA4400 to EVA6400: "Objects in your system are in use"

I would update to XCS 11300000 and CV10.3.7 first and see if this is fixing the issue. Your XCS version is already "inactive" since 2015.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Cali
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Cannot move disks from EVA4400 to EVA6400: "Objects in your system are in use"

No, I have done this many times.

Ungroup > Remove > Add to next EVA > Group > Ready

If you go to the "Default Disk Group", add Disks, are there free Disks shown?

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
sam bell
Regular Advisor

Thanks, I didn't know that disks can be added this way as well. And this way it worked fine! Thank you very much.