108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Challenge in brocade zoning..

SOLVED
Go to solution
sreekanthtm
Trusted Contributor

Challenge in brocade zoning..

I am facing follwing challenge while doing zoning in brocade fabric...

I have to add one zone to the existing zoning configuration... Following are the steps I performed...

# alicreate "SeverName", "10:00:00:00:c8:a1:75:f2"
# zonecreate "Server_Storage", "ServerNmae; Storage1; storage2"
# cfgadd "Config_1", "Server_Storage"
# cfgsave
# cfgenable "Config_1"

The new zone is now part of active zone configuration. But now I realised number of zones in the active configuration is reduced by 2.
I have heard that, this can be due to, "Some one has removed 2 zones from the Effective configuration and saved it. But never enabled the new configuration".
Now..., when I have enabled the new zone configuration, the old changes (zone removal) also became effective".

How can I make sure, there is no changes made to the effective configuration, after last "cfgenable" ?.
3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Challenge in brocade zoning..

Hey!

Do you have to do this via the CLI? It is a little easier to see what is going on if you do it via WebTools or DCFM.

But, you can check the transactions before enable, to see if there are any outstanding transactions to the config that hasn't been committed yet.

cfgtransshow is the command to see if there are any (i don't think it shows which changes, just a transaction id)
cfgtransabort cancels them
sreekanthtm
Trusted Contributor

Ok.. I will try this out.
Is there any way to trace those changes... like at what time this change made... what are the changes?.
I know in cisco, before enabling the new configuration it will give you a dialogue box, describing all changes that's going to happen to the effective configuration.. Is there anything similar here?
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Yes. See the command trackchangesset.

Also cfgshow will give you both defined and effective configuration.