108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Changing LUN ID through CV

SOLVED
Go to solution
jeffturl_1
Advisor

Changing LUN ID through CV

I have created two virtual disks on an EVA6400 and presented them to 9 ESX hosts. For some reason 6 of the hosts see the newly created Vdisk as LUN ID 7 whilst the other 3 servers see the same disk as LUN ID 9. On the other virtual disk I created the result is reversed with the same 6 hosts seeing this disk as LUN ID 9 and the remaining hosts seeing it as LUN ID 7. This is confirmed in CV by looking at the virtual disk presentation. For some reason 6 servers are assigned one LUN ID whilst 3 are assigned a different LUN ID.

I have never assigned a LUN ID myself, just letting CV assign the next available LUN ID to a disk.

Is there a way to change the LUN ID for a disk after it has been created? I have tried un-presenting to a host and then representing it. However the same LUN ID is assigned.

Is there a CLI tool to change the LUN ID? At the moment, the disk is only useable by 3 ESX hosts the others all think it is a new disk because the LUN ID is different.

I was trying to avoid destroying the disk and having to present it again.

CV version is 9.02
2 REPLIES 2
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Changing LUN ID through CV

Hi,

You can do it from Command View EVA itself.

Just select the Vdisk and go for presentation, selec the single host click on "Assing LUN" buttion and slect the LUN number you wish to assign. It wil do your requirement.

jeffturl_1
Advisor

Re: Changing LUN ID through CV

Thanks i had not noticed when presenting the LUN you can change the LUN ID based on host.

Thanks