HPE EVA Storage

Cisco Fabric Manager 3.3 authentication problem

Thomas J. Harrold
Trusted Contributor

Cisco Fabric Manager 3.3 authentication problem

Hello, I'm hoping that someone may be able to help with a Cisco Fabric Manager problem.

Hardware is a 9124e inside of a C7000 blade enclosure. I had installed Fabric Manager on a windows 2003 host, and it worked fine. Then the server was promoted to be an AD server, and that broke the FM authentication. I tried to re-install FM on another server (also an AD server), but the installation fails. I have been unable to locate a procedure to reset the default login/password for Fabric Manager.

1) Is FM supported on an AD server? I have not seen any documentation that suggest that there would be a problem, and we HAVE run this configuration with previous (pre 3.2) versions of FM.

2) Is there a procedure to reset the FM login/password?

Thanks for your help.
I learn something new everyday. (usually because I break something new everyday)
2 REPLIES 2
SAN_8
Frequent Advisor

Re: Cisco Fabric Manager 3.3 authentication problem

Please try this, may help you

Fabric Manager Web Client user passwords are encrypted and stored locally on the workstation where you
installed the Web Client. If you forget a password, you can make a new network-admin user locally on the
workstation where you installed the Web Client and then log in and delete the old user account under the
Admin tab.

To create a user on the workstation where you installed the Web Client and delete the old user, follow
these steps:
Step 1 Go to the Web Client installation directory and cd to the bin directory.
Step 2 Enter the following line to create a user:
addUser

Step 3 Stop Fabric Manager Web Client if it is running. If you installed this on Windows, you can stop the
service using Windows Services under Administrative Tools.
Step 4 Launch Fabric Manager Web Client.
Step 5 Click Admin > Configure > Web Users > Local Database.
You see the list of users in the local database.
Step 6 Select the user that you want to delete and click Delete to remove the old user.
Thomas J. Harrold
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cisco Fabric Manager 3.3 authentication problem

I believe your procedure may have been valid on the older FM client. The newer client requires a 3rd option to the adduser command, which is "dbpassword". This may be what is out of sync.

This new FM is rediculous - I have no idea how Cisco feels that this new installer, and use of a local database is somehow "better".

-tjh
I learn something new everyday. (usually because I break something new everyday)