New Discussion юеВ

Cisco MDS 9222i Configuration

SOLVED
Go to solution
rianui
Trusted Contributor

Cisco MDS 9222i Configuration

Hello gurus,

I have an EVA4400 which I am connecting to a c7000 enclosure with BL680c servers running on Redhat Linux. I have four MDS9222i switches for two sites, which I have tried to configure but have been unsuccessful. I also have two HP Brocade switches which I configured on the same rack/storage and tested. These are easier for me and they worked fine since I'm able to assign EVA volumes to the servers. During the FC Virtual Connect configuration using the MDS switches the VC ports report the connections as 'unavailable' when I try to add a WWN port.
My office plans to buy 'SMARTnet' from Cisco for one switch but I would like to configure these switches myself. Could anyone point me to the right direction?

Rianui
2 REPLIES 2
tossogue
Solution

Re: Cisco MDS 9222i Configuration

things you need to check

make sure the port are in the Same VSAN. if there not it will alway says unavailable.

make sure that NPIV is enable FC VC doesn't work without NPIV enable switch.

give more detais if possible upload the configuration

to do that open device manager----tool----admin -----save configuration
rianui
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cisco MDS 9222i Configuration

Hey Tossogue,

Thanks so much. I managed to see the WWNs logged in. My colleague in networking enabled NPIV and the guys logged in. Also, I was doing it wrong from the Virtual Connect configuration and so corrected this and it worked

Thanks a lot,

Rianui