1753268 Members
5182 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cisco MDS Inter VSAN Routing issue

Timo Steylen
Advisor

Cisco MDS Inter VSAN Routing issue

i have created an IVR zone and add it to the IVR zoneset. After that i have activated the zoneset within Fabric Manager. Everything looks fine. I have double checked the WWN's in the zone and they are correct. The WWN's don't appear on my storage system... The other IVR zones are working fine.

I am not sure, but will the IVR Refresh command resolve this issue? When do you use this command exactly?
5 REPLIES 5
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hey, I had a few cases with IVR and you may not get an answer to answers about this here. At least I found IVR zoning pretty complex ;)

Are you adding VSANs to the IVR as well? One problem I had was that the status of the vsan was not right (think it was called advertised/announced).

On the brocade it's possible to view all wwns it can see (even remote) - can you do this on the Cisco MDS as well? Fcping?

I would probably contact HP and see if they or Cisco can assist you with this problem.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/storage/san_switches/mds9000/sw/rel_2_x/san-os/command/reference/CR02_i.html#wp1337219

Is Cisco's page about ivr refresh.

Here is an example of when ivr refresh would be used (paragraph "Upgrading with IVR Enabled"):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/storage/san_switches/mds9000/sw/rel_3_x/release/3_0_x/8795_02.html
Timo Steylen
Advisor

ok, thanks for your reply!

i have used the refresh command but it makes no difference.
The IVR is working already between the particulary VSANs, some other IVR zones are working perfectly. I have just added a new zone to the active zoneset. It looks like the new zone in the zoneset will not be activated for some reason. But i will open a case, maybe that HP can resolve this issue.

Regards,
Timo
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hey, that's pretty similar to the one case I remember about IVR.. some VSAN being in the wrong mode 'announced, advertised' or something like that.. :p

Hope HP/Cisco can help you out.
Timo Steylen
Advisor

i have found what happend...
we have in this Fabric 2 core and 3 edge switches. On the three edge switches CFS is not enabled. I found in the Cisco docs that CFS locks the IVR database, commit the changes and after that the IVR database will be unlocked. But if there is a switch in the Fabric which hasn't CFS enabled, the unlock will not be released.

I have two options:

1. Commit changes (and with this option the IVR database between the particulary core and his edge switches will be different i guess...)

2. Clear Lock. (i have not any glue what this option will do exactly.. Will the changes take effect or not?)

Regards,
Timo
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Big questions. Maybe if you sent the link to the documentation we could try to figure it out - or maybe somebody else on the forum can assist.