5770 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Command View 10.1 doesn't work

adolfo ortiz malaina
Occasional Advisor

Command View 10.1 doesn't work

Hi,

Recently I’ve acquired a HP EVA 6350. Before this EVA, I’m working with an EVA4100 and Command View 9.2, but now I’ve to update my version to work with new EVA.

In the same server that I’d installed Command View 9.2, I tried to install 10.1 (previously I uninstalled 9.2), but this installation didn’t work. I read a lot of post and tried to solve the problem because the MIF service isn’t started. When I solve this problem (permissions in C:/Program Files/Hewle……….) and the service is started, I can access to new Command View but I don’t see anything, only one banner in the upper side with the version and the user (log in). I’ve tried to reinstall the software but the problem is always the same. ( attach FIGURE1.JPG)

After that, I’ve tried to install Command View 10.1 in a new server (Windows 2008 R2), but my problem persists. In this case I can open Command View, but only can see the setting, I can’t see my two EVA’s, and all the infrastructure is the same (zoning, switches, hba, …). I’ve checked Zone Admin (the server is in the same zone that EVA’s), I’ve checked drivers of HBA (Emulex), I’ve checked (with HBAnywhere) that this server can see the infrastructure, but I can manage anything. (attach FIGURE2.jpg)

Any solution?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
edgar_rosales
Occasional Visitor

Please ckeck the release notes for Command View 10.1 
ftp://ftpboi.external.hp.com/ftp2/pub/softlib/software12/COL40746/co-105974-1/c03375088.pdf
Only works with XCS 6250 (4100)

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

CV 10.1 and 10.2 works with XCS 6.1xx and above for legacy arrays (compatibility matrix).

open "storage system summary" and look for "unmanaged systems".

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
adolfo ortiz malaina
Occasional Advisor

1.- Actually my firmware version is XCS6250 (in EVA4100)

2.- Storage System Summary is empty in the new server

I've checked that if I install Command View 10.0 works fine (see attach file) and I can see two EVA's but with this version I can't manage EVA6350. If in the same server I try to install Command View 10.1 then the two EVA's disappear

Thank you

Note: The warnings that appear in the file attached aren't relevant

songyong
Advisor

you can read the section in CV 10.1 release note, try it.

Windows2003 serverrequiresahotfix
If the management server is runningMicrosoft Windows2003,HPP6000CommandViewmight
not displayanyarrays. Toresolvethis issue, youmust installaMicrosoft hotfix. Gotothe following
link for detailsandthe hotfixdownload:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945119/