108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Command View 10 and XCS 09534000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Command View 10 and XCS 09534000

Anyone else having trouble managing EVA's running XCS 09534000 with Command View 10 and/or Command View 10.1?

After taking over management of an array with said firmware, the interface starts acting funky.. showing  "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage when any object is clicked.  The EVA eventually disappears from CV and I need to take control of it on a CV9.4 box once again for CV10 to then "work properly" again.

Anyone...

Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
10 REPLIES 10
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello Steven,

we manage older Eva6000 with XCS 6250 with CV10.1, no problem yet. But it seems to me there was something like you describing after migration from 9.4 to 10.0 . I wonder it was related to local cache on management pc, but I am not sure. Have you tried "common" tasks such removing temp etc? Is this behavior the same with other browser - such Firefox?

Jan

Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reply Jan.

I've cleared my Internet Explorer cache, my temp files in my profile... even my java cache which probably has no effect since CV 10 uses Flash now.  I wonder if that is a problem... I'll check for latest version next and report.

I'll also try running it from a remote browser, which I have yet to do.  I am not going to go the route of Firefox since it works just fine for the one EVA that is already at XCS v10.  I'll revisit this though if I get more input.  Short story is I'd rather not add more to my clean management servers than I have to.

Update:  I've updated Flash, but still have the problem.  I've Updated Windows, same thing.  Running from a remote browser yields the same outcome.  I know it is not a compatibility issue since I've tested it with a Virtual Machine Running CV10.. and it seems to work just fine.  Just need to figure out what is "wrong" with the box.  If I do.  Could be the HBA... I have the same problem with an identical box where CV 9.4 is running now.  Initially I installed CV 10 when I rebuilt the box.  Had the same problem, could not manage my v09534000 arrays.

Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hmm, no idea. Maybe raise a case to HP support.
Jan
Dileep P S
Advisor

Hi Steven,

Command view 10 and 10.1 required flash player to be installed ,then it will work without any issue.

Release notes

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03051960/c03051960.pdf

Arrays running with XCS 9534000 can be manged with Command view EVA 10.1 

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02523047/c02523047.pdf

Refer page number 5

Dileep 

Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

I don't think Flash is the problem.

When I first log into Command View, I am able to see everything.  After a few minutes, I get an IE Page that says IE cannot display webpage...It happens shortly after CV refreshes.  Like it loses connection to the service or something.

I'm debating whether or not to rebuild the server.  The OS is fresh though so it is kind of weird.

It seems I can re-browse back to the EVA though.  I've recently upgraded the firmware to v10.00.10.00 and ws hoping the problem would go away since I do not have any issues with my other EVA that is at the same firmware.

Sometimes... when it refreshes, it jumps to the Settings Page, and displays the "cannot display th3 webpage" page.  At this point, the "Storage Systems" button is invisible. After it refreshes a  second time, the button is visible again and I can get back to the EVA... but that is NOT acceptable at all.  Especially as I am watching a disk migrate or a group level.

Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Wanted to update you all on this...

It turned out that an old Storage Essentials server was still trying to access the Command View Server.  The running version of SE was incompatible with CV 10.x.  I don't know how it caused the broswer to act in such a weird way... but it did.

Closing this out, thanks for the responses/comments.

Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE
HPSupport1

Steve,

How did you identify Storage Essentials? I dont think we are using it, but have the same problems you indicated.

Ernest_QK

I have the same problem I own a HP 360 g8  windows 2008 R2 with physical HBA connected to a P6000

any ideas?

amaro01
Occasional Visitor

Maybe you have a Certificate Problem, In which box do you add the Command View Certificate?

I hope It helps you.