4211 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command View 9.0 Perfmon extension crashing

Rickard Borgm├дster
Occasional Contributor

Command View 9.0 Perfmon extension crashing

Hello,

I have Command View 9.0 installed on a fresh Win2003R2 server. I want to use the Windows Performance monitor to log performance counters. This works fine, for a while. There seems to be a bug in the evapmext.dll file that causes Windows do disable the malfunctioning performance monitor extension.

An event gets logged to windows application log when this happens. (Screenshot attached also)

Performance counter data collection from the "EVAPMEXT" service has been disabled due to one or more errors generated by the performance counter library for that service. The error(s) that forced this action have been written to the application event log. The error(s) should be corrected before the performance counters for this service are enabled again.

---

The Collect Procedure for the "EVAPMEXT" service in DLL "D:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\EVA Performance Monitor\evapmext.dll" generated an exception or returned an invalid status. Performance data returned by counter DLL will be not be returned in Perf Data Block. The exception or status code returned is the first DWORD in the attached data.

Anyone else seen this? Maybe I should downgrade to CVEVA 8.0?
4 REPLIES 4
Rickard Borgm├дster
Occasional Contributor

Screnshot event 1
Rickard Borgm├дster
Occasional Contributor

Screenshot event 2
sgparker
Occasional Advisor

Searching for help on a perfmon mmc.exe error I'm getting and found this.

http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en&docId=emr_na-c01805727-1
Heidar Gudnason_4

The following worked for me:

Locate registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\EVAPMEXT\Performance

Change "Disable Performance Counters" from 1 to 0

Then restart the server

this will not fix the underlying problem though