1753936 Members
9650 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command View EVA 8.0 Installation

John_246
Advisor

Command View EVA 8.0 Installation

G'Day Group, I am having an issue installing HP Command View EVA 8.0. I have uninstalled all previous versions of CV EVA (I was running 7.0.1 before) and they do not appear in the Add/Remove programs list. I go to install CV 8.0 at the screen "Please wait, HP StorageWorks Command View Software is being configured for your system ....." I get the error(message) "Suite Installer, A previous Master Installer version has been (6.x.x/7.x.x) detected on the system. Uninstall the previous version and retry the installation." Then it writes an install log and exits. I have checked and double checked and all previous versions have been removed. In the install log, the last entry is "Install Action: Checking if 6x/7x versions installed.. Status: Successful. followed by Installation was cancled by user during pre-instalaltion". Has anyone ran into this yet ? Is there a way to ensure all old components have been removed ? I have tried installing 7.0 and uninstalling with no luck. If anyone has any tips on how I can progress I would be most appriciated.

Cheers

John
3 REPLIES 3
John_246
Advisor

G'Day everyone, I just got word back from HP regarding this. The instructions I got from HP are as follows:

1. Go to the location \Common Files\InstallShield\Universal.
2. Delete the VPD (Vital Product Data) directories named HP_MasterInstaller70, HP_MasterInstaller701, and HP_MasterInstaller6XX.
3. Continue with the HP StorageWorks Command View EVA 8.0 installation

Hope this helps anyone else that may have come across this.

Cheers

John
Laurens van der S.

Thanks a bunch for this info, I ran into exact the same. This fixed the issue.
Klas Pihl
Occasional Advisor

Had the same problem, thanks for your solution.