108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command View EVA 8.00.02 or 8.0.2 ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bob Firek
Regular Advisor

Command View EVA 8.00.02 or 8.0.2 ?

I was wondering if someone could help clarify what version of Command View I am running. When I go into add remove programs I see:
HP StorageWorks command view EVA Software Suite
Version: 8.0.2.14

But when I go into Command View and click on Help I see:
Command View EVA V8.00.02 Build 080909

I thought I had ran the 8.0.2 patch as while back but now I am questioning myself. Would it be to simple to just rerun (or maybe run for the first time) the T5494-10502_CVEVA_802 patch again?

I donтАЩt want to break anything but at the same time IтАЩll be upgrading to XCS 6.22 soon and need to know the real version IтАЩm on.

Any help will be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The "help" link on CV web page should tell you. Honestly speaking, I would go to the latest version immediately.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
AWilliams_1
Trusted Contributor

I agree with Torsten, CV9.1 has a lot more features both in the user interface and in the configuration capabilities (large LUNs for example). I have noticed that most command view versions seem to have inconsistencies between the front splash page and the help about page.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

CV 8.0.2 is build 8.00.02.080909

Likewise, CV 9.01 is 9.00.01 while CV 9.1 is 9.01.00.

My recomendation: Do not use anything below CV 9.1.
Bob Firek
Regular Advisor

Torsten, Allan and vcespon,

Thank you all for your replies. The short store is that I just needed to know that I was on CV 8.0.2 before proceeding to upgrading our EVA 6100 to XCS 6.220.

I would like to go to CV 9.01 but the long story is our software maintenance for Command View lapsed back in March 2009. It wasn't caught until after the budget was set so we are tight on money. Working with our vendor and their vendor to get just software maintenance upgrade but dealing with vendors and licensing well to tell you the truth I'd rather have a root canal or a lobotomy or both. As it turns out I can't even find the CV 9.01 demo to download even if I wanted to install it for 60 days until I can clear up this other issue.

Would any of you happen to know of how I can get a copy of CV 9.01?

Thanks again for your time and help.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

If you have the licenses for CV 8.02, then you can install CV 9.01 or 9.1 without any addittional cost.

CV 9.01 is here:

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=CommandViewEVA9.0.1

CV 9.1 is here:
https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=CommandViewEVA9.1

The instant-on 60-day license is valid only on a totally new install, not if you already had a Command View installed.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The demo download is here:
https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=CommandViewEVA9.1

but be careful, the 60 day timeout can really bite - in the early days we had a customer who was upgraded by somebody else to CV-7 before the licenses arrived. This version had a timeout of 180 days, but what can go wrong will go wrong and 180+ days after the installation he called us because a disk had failed and he could not group the replacement...
Bob Firek
Regular Advisor

vcespon and Uwe Zessin,
Thanks for the links. I really appreciate it.

vcespon, we actually do have unlimited license for our EVA. When we received our EVA 6100 we installed CV 7. I then upgraded to CV 8.0.2 about 9 months ago. For some reason I thought that we needed to have Software protection to upgrade to the next version of CV. Our vendor didn├в t say one way or the other but I eventually received a quote for HP Software Updates Service (HA156AC) with SW Updates ├в Return to Support (UC255AC). For some reason they also tried to sell up HP Software Support (HA106AC). But I├в m wondering now since I already have the license for our EVA do I really need the HP Software Updates Service. What is your opinion?